Green materials and manufacturing are part of the package when you order from Jeffrey Braun Furniture. Maybe it’s our Pacific Northwest roots, but we think the whole industry should operate this way. (Don’t you?)
- SFI-certified (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) or FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council) alder hardwood is used to build all of our frames.
- Engineered hardwood is made of reconstituted wood scraps and is formaldehyde-free.
- Seat and back springs are made with 95% recycled steel.
- Webbing is composed of 100% recycled yarn.
- Stains and sealers are water-based; free of arsenic and chromium.
- The foam used in our seat cushions is manufactured using Variable Pressure Foaming (VPF) Technology which has set the standard in environmentally-friendly foam manufacturing. The machinery used in the VPF method provides a zero-emissions rating and has been recognized with a California EPA award.
- Our scrap foam is returned to our foam supplier and reconstituted into carpet padding.
- We maintain adherence to some of the most specific and regulated standards in the nation – the California Air Quality Management District (AQMD). Our finishes release a minimum amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
- To protect your furniture during shipment we blanket-wrap when possible or package in recyclable cardboard boxes. All of our corrugated and plastic waste is recycled.
- We proudly manufacture in the USA with sustainably harvested hardwood sourced from the Pacific Northwest.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Please consider customizing your order with these additional environmentally-friendly options:
- 20% soy-based foam
- 100% recycled pillow fill (composed of 2-liter soda bottles)